Blockchain Runtime Engineer
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. Parity Technologies has a small but growing team of developers dedicated to building on Substrate and creating a fantastic developer experience for future users.
As Runtime Engineer, you will be working with other Rust developers to build blockchain proof-of-concepts, runtime applications, and implement research on Substrate. You will drive the adoption of open source blockchain technologies and the Rust programming language. You will inspire the best developer groups around the world and provide them with the training and resources they need to adopt the tech. You will champion the Substrate experience and relay insights to the team to inform community and product development.
It will be your responsibility to both demonstrate Substrate's potential by building cutting edge proof of concepts and to create a community of developers who will follow in your footsteps.
The Runtime Engineer may work from London, Cambridge, or Berlin. Remote will also be considered.
Responsibilities may include
- Prototype blockchains and interesting concepts on Substrate.
- Drive adoption of open-source blockchain technologies with target developer communities.
- Evangelist Substrate (and the Rust programming language) to developer communities.
- Leading workshops, presentations and hackathons, both online and around the world.
- Collecting and communicating feedback to inform product development.
- Helping refine overall product messaging.
- Build out an ecosystem of lighthouse projects, example tutorials, documentation, and an open source culture around Substrate.
- Great knowledge of decentralised technologies, cryptography, or Rust
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Open source software background
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.