Business Development Manager
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications.
Together with its open source software stack, Parity Technologies is offering technical support, consulting, and implementation services for its partners. As a Business Development Manager you will join the solutions team to ensure partners get the most out of the technology stack. You will be responsible for driving Parity’s business development and sales efforts across products and services.
Our partners range from small blockchain startups all the way to established enterprise players. It will be your responsibility to manage existing strategic partners, identify new opportunities to expand and grow these relationships; help define our partnerships strategy, as well as scope and secure new partnership opportunities. We’re looking for someone who can build deep relationships with partners and work cross functions with our engineering, solutions, legal and communications teams. We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instincts, technical curiosity, strategic thinking, and sales skills. This role will be based in Berlin, and will require travel on a regular basis.
- Experience in business development, partnerships or sales at a technology company
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, communications and engineering internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small team
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Experience with / good working knowledge of open source business models as well as blockchain technologies and ecosystems
- Identify potential clients and understand their business and technology needs
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with potential clients
- Identify strategic partnerships, e.g. in the context of Ethereum, Polkadot or Substrate
- Structure and negotiate deals with partners to further accelerate adoption of Parity’s technology stack
- Further develop Parity’s commercial services and solutions
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.