Database Engine Developer
Parity Technologies build core infrastructure for blockchains and generally for Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
A core component of any blockchain node is a database, at Parity Technologies we use RocksDB as our database of choice, for its excellent performance and easy embeddability. However, with some of our use-cases we believe we have run into some bottlenecks that merit exploring writing our own database specific to our use-cases. This database would be written in Rust. We have already explored this to some degree with our experimental implementation of a blockchain accounts database called ParityDB.
Specifically, it is hard to achieve data layout properties we want with a generic key-value database, and a TrieDB like Google’s Trillian would be a possible path to explore. However rather than focusing on extremely large trees we would be focusing on high query throughput and embedded usage for merkle tries.We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. We believe in giving back to the community and are looking for someone familiar with the open-source Rust ecosystem. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
- Lead development of new database solutions in Rust for our specific use-cases
- Improve efficiency, scalability and stability of blockchain infrastructure solutions
- Analyze access patterns of blockchain nodes such as Substrate and Parity Ethereum
- Integrate new and existing database solutions into our existing codebases
- Significant experience in database engineering and development.
- Experience in C, C++ and Rust.
- Experience with RocksDB internals or any other key-value store.
- Open Source Software background.
- M.S or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats